Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Homemade Pasta Gone Wrong

My dad and I have always wanted to 
make homemade pasta... so, one day we did.

This is our story...


 We even followed the LOVELY Giada
on her tutorial 
{found here}
on how to make pasta.
She is the one and only italian that I trust 
in this area, so naturally I went to 
her for guidance. 

It all looks so great right?
Well, here is where things went wrong... 

I added water.
The water became super milky.
The pasta was way to soppy when I drained it.

WHERE DID I GO WRONG?
For those of you who have made this before, 
let me know what I could do to improve!

3 comments:

  1. I've always boiled my homemade noodles in a broth of some sort (usually chicken) with flour added to the broth so it's a bit thicker. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can think of one more Italian you can trust....at least with pasta!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You used the wrong sort of flour. You should have used durum wheat. A professional pastamaker could probably get away with cakeflour, but for a first attempt it's not the right ingredient. Durum has more gluten, which is a protein, wich makes the pasta stick together even when you roll it real thin.

    Other possibility: you cooked the ready stuff way too long, like dried pasta. Fresh pasta takes 30sec. to 2 minutes tops. But I bet you knew that and should only change your flour.

    ReplyDelete